Peter Kummerfeldt is available to present training programs, workshops, seminars and lectures on a wide variety of outdoor safety, survival, bush-craft, international travel safety, and wilderness medicine topics. Since 1996 he has addressed over 35,000 people as the featured speaker at numerous seminars, conferences and national conventions. The following organizations have used his services in the past.
- Wilderness Medicine Society
- UC San Diego, School of Medicine,
- US Department of the Interior
- US Bureau of Reclamation
- Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks
- Colorado Division of Wildlife
- US Geological Survey
- Oklahoma Wildlife Department
- Outdoor Writers Association of America
- Pope and Young Club
- Dallas Safari Club
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
- New York Dept of Environmental Conservation
- River Rocks Wilderness Medicine Conference
- US Coast Guard
- US Department of Homeland Defense
- Wild Sheep Foundation
- Wyoming Outdoor Sports Show
- Montana Outdoor Recreation Exposition
- Boy Scouts of America
- Minnesota Seaplane Association
- Eastern Sports Show
- Target Communications
- Safari Club International
- Kansas Dept of Parks & Wildlife Dept.
- Oklahoma Parks & Wildlife Dept
- O’Loughlin Trade Shows
- Texas Hunter Education Association
- Monsanto Chemical Company
- Clackamas County SARCON
Peter’s training is practical not primitive! He specializes in providing training that the average person could reasonably expect to use in an emergency. Practical training that focuses on preparing for an unexpected night out and then spending that night out as comfortably as possible. Emphasis is placed on understanding the impact of the environment on human physiology and being able to minimize that impact. The objective is to change a life- threatening event into an inconvenient night out!
Training topics include but are not limited to:
- Survival Psychology
- Survival Physiology
- What do people die from?
- Could You Be A Survivor
- Survival Medicine
- Assembling a Survival Kit
- Water Procurement & Preparation
- Improvising What You Need
- Food Procurement
- Fires and Fire-craft
- Emergency Shelters
- Signaling for Rescue
- Getting Rescued
- Map, Compass & GPS
His efforts have reduced the number of people becoming injured, ill or dying in the outdoors each year and have heightened traveler’s safety awareness especially when traveling overseas. Since Peter’s speaking schedule gets filled very quickly each year contact him as far in advance as possible to discuss dates, course content training locations etc.
PLEASE HAVE A LOOK AT MY CALENDER TO SEE WHERE I WILL BE SPEAKING THROUGHOUT THE YEAR.